A Thigh Lift Can Create Smoother, Younger-Looking Legs
A thigh lift targets sagging and loose skin, cellulite, and stubborn fat deposits to tone and refine your thighs. Dr. Stanley L. Librach is highly trained and experienced, and can tailor this treatment to suit your aesthetic goals and requirements. Like many other body contouring procedures at our Chesterfield, MO, practice, a thigh lift can be customized to refine your unique body’s contours for optimal results. Dr. Librach will work with you to design your treatment, taking into consideration your overall health and cosmetic goals.
Thigh Lift Candidates
A thigh lift is beneficial for patients who have followed a regular diet and exercise regimen, but are struggling with stubborn fat and excess skin in the thighs. Ideal candidates include patients:
- In good overall health
- Who have realistic expectations
- Who can maintain a healthy weight
- Willing to not smoke before surgery and during the recovery process
- Who can commit to healthy diet and exercise to maintain results
Dr. Librach will spend time explaining the treatment in detail, addressing any concerns, and providing you with detailed instructions to follow to optimize your results and recovery.
Preparing for Treatment
This procedure can be combined with other body contouring procedures, such as a fat transfer and Brazilian butt lift, depending on your individual needs and desired results. During your initial consultation, Dr. Librach will review your physical health and medical history to ensure you are healthy enough to undergo this procedure. He will spend time explaining the treatment in detail, addressing any concerns, and providing you with detailed instructions to follow to optimize your results and recovery.
What to Expect
A thigh lift is performed in an operating room under general anesthesia, and might require an overnight stay. There are multiple types of thigh lifts that Dr. Librach can perform and even combine for your procedure. These techniques include:
- Inner Thigh Lift: This procedure addresses excess fat and skin in the inner thighs. Dr. Librach will make a discreet incision in the crease between the thigh and pubic area to ensure the scar will be hidden as much as possible by underwear or a swimsuit. He will then carefully remove excess fat, tighten the skin, and trim any remaining skin to improve the inner thigh contours.
- Mini Thigh Lift: For patients with saggy skin in the upper leg, Dr. Librach will make a short incision in the groin area to tighten and trim excess skin. This procedure is less invasive than an inner thigh lift and has a quicker recovery.
- Bilateral Thigh Lift: This procedure tightens skin on the front and outside of the leg. Dr. Librach will make a v-shaped incision at the base of the underwear line at the top of the leg that may extend to the hip or buttocks. He will then remove excess fat while repositioning and tightening the remaining skin.
- Medial Thigh Lift: This procedure is similar to an inner thigh lift, but can provide more significant results. Dr. Librach will make an incision in the groin area that extends to the hip or crease of the lower buttock. Depending on the amount of tissue and skin, small vertical incisions may be made from the groin down the inside of the upper thigh. Dr. Librach will carefully remove excess fat, lift and tighten the skin, and trim any leftover skin for a more contoured thigh and hip.
Recovery and Results
After your procedure, Dr. Librach will close the incisions with sutures, apply bandages, and provide a compression garment to aid with healing and reduce swelling and bruising. Due to the anesthesia and the complexity of the surgery, you will need to have someone available to drive and care for you for at least one week after your procedure. Following Dr. Librach’s postsurgical instructions can ensure you achieve a smooth recovery and satisfactory results.
It is imperative to rest as much as possible and avoid activities or positions that could disrupt your sutures. About a week after the procedure, Dr. Labrich will remove the sutures and monitor your incisions for any signs of infection. Swelling, bruising, and discomfort are very normal throughout this time, but as you continue to heal, side effects will begin to subside.
Within two weeks, you can return to work and some physical activity as directed. Your full exercise and daily routines will be limited until cleared by Dr. Librach. Over the next four to six weeks, as the swelling diminishes, you will begin to notice sleeker and more beautifully contoured thighs. You will continue to wear compression garments to help your skin shape to your new contours. Your final results can take up to six months to a year to be visible, but can help you achieve a significant boost in confidence.
Tighten and Tone Your Figure
If you are looking to achieve a tighter, more toned physique, we can help. Our customized thigh lift procedures can help you achieve the smoother, younger-looking legs you desire. Contact our office online or call us at (314) 312-1401 to schedule your thigh lift consultation with Dr. Librach.
“Incredible! Not only is Dr Librach the most down to earth and caring physician I have ever met... His staff is awesome too! Thanks sooo much!” Satisfied Patient